ACNC Behavioral-Emotional Clinic
Today, parents care about their children’s mental health as well as their physical health. They are careful about how their children behave. Children may experience some problems and this is the parents who must solve these issues; therefore, parents are faced with some questions and issues since the child is born and seek specialized guides and up-to-date information for their questions.
ACNC Behavioral-Emotional Clinic incorporates the best child psychiatrists and psychologists to contributeto better parenting, child rearing and confrontingchildren’s current and future problems and issues. This clinic is established in response to the demand for evaluation and therapy services for parents to help them overcome parenting challenges.
When parents arrive at ACNC with their children, they are referred to Diagnosis Clinic. After thorough evaluation with interview and psychological tests by specialized psychiatrics and psychologists and detecting the specific problem, child is referred to Behavioral-Emotional Clinic. Clinic manager chooses psychotherapist or play therapist according to the detected issue and child’s age. Parents can ask ACNC Behavioral-Emotional Clinic any questions about the problems related to physical development (such as the age a child starts walking and talking); evolutionary skills; behavioral challenges (such as aggression, stuttering, enuresis, stress, onychophagia (nail biting), shyness, and so on. They can also find out about the best and newest parenting methods in evaluation meetings with our specialists.
Since a comprehensive evaluation of child and parents is carried out at ACNC Behavioral-Emotional Clinic, not only child’s problem is solved, but also parenting styles, parents’ interaction with each other, siblings issues, and individual problems of each parent are detected and referred to skilled and specialized therapists. Thus, the child is put in a systematic therapy which guarantees the best and consistent results.
ACNC Behavioral-Emotional Clinic evaluates individuals with a multidimensional approach (physiological, mental and social aspects) and then offers the following services to its clients:
• Child psychotherapy
• Play therapy
• Individual and group parent education programs focused on
o Couples interactions
o Sex training
• Technological therapies (Neurofeedback and Neurotherapy)
ACNC Behavioral-Emotional Clinic concentrates on specialized evaluation and services for treating following psychological disorders:
• Stress-Related Disorders including separation anxiety, general anxiety, agoraphobia, specific phobia, social phobia, selective mutism, panic disorder
• Depression Disorders including Disruptive mood dysregulation disorder, major depressive disorder, dysthymia
• Disorders related to and stressors including Reactive attachment disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and acute stress
• Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
• Pelvic Floor Dysfunctions including enuresis and encopresis